Macro Dragon: RBNZ, BoT, Flash PMIs + Powell Speak…
Top of mind…
- We covered wk ahead yest – Macro Dragon: WK # 39… Flash PMIs, Nike, Costco, RBNZ, Turkey, Norges Bank + Mnuchin/Powell
- Its Flash PMI Weds across the board, as well as RBNZ this weds morning in the Asia Pacific with the BoT due later this afternoon…
- Quite a bit of Fed speak over the next 24hrs
- Yes, yes… KVP will touch on the Notorious RBG tmr… talk about legacy!
- If you have not seen this, worth getting the family around for this… documentary, especially if you place any value on your mother, wife, partner, girlfriend, friend, sister, daughter, grandmother & women in general across the globe… not to mention the best chance for an equitable playing field for humanity as a whole
- Should be available on Apple TV, Amazon Prime & for now, not on Netflix (Yep, everything else under the sun!)
On The Radar Today…
- So Flash PMIs across the board
- NZ: RBNZ on the tape today 20:00 SGT
- JP: All industries activity
- EZ: German Gfk
- US: Mester @ 21:00 SGT, Powell @ 22:00 SGT, Quarles @ 02:00 SGT, House Prices, Crude Oil Inventories
Dragon’s Must Reads…
- For the equity & equity tech fans – Eleanor Creagh highlighting Ant Group to join IPO rush
Ant Group, China’s dominant mobile payments firm, are set to dominate the listed fintech space with their upcoming, humongous, record setting IPO. The Chinese fintech company founded by former Alibaba Group Holding (BABA) Executive Chairman Jack Ma operates the e-commerce giant’s Alipay payment service and could be the largest IPO ever when it dual-lists on the Hong Kong and Shanghai’s Nasdaq-style STAR Market exchanges later this year.
- John Hardy dropping a roadmap US Election Primer: The Final Sprint to November 3rd
We sort through important dates in this final sprint phase of the absurdly long US presidential election cycle. Historically, we have seen significant shifts in the polling in the final weeks leading up to the election. As well, we consider factors that can change the odds between now and Election Day on November 3rd.
- Saxo’s US Election Cheat Sheet Which cuts into the three potential pathways into the elections, probabilities around them, as well as short & long-term positions across equities, bonds, commodities & currencies.
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the way