Macro Dragon = Cross-Asset Daily Views that could cover anything from tactical positioning, to long-term thematic investments, key events & inflection points in the markets, all with the objective of consistent wealth creation overtime.
(These are solely the views & opinions of KVP, & do not constitute any trade or investment recommendations. By the time you synthesize this, things may have changed.)
Macro Dragon: Snapshot & Anthems…
Top of Mind…
- Snapshot: Looks like Gold & Silver are trying to find their footing off of the previous days sell-off as they clocked +0.21% & +2.90% to 1937 & 25.84.
- Brent +2.65 42.60 also recovering, all whilst we continued to have very big day in equities with the S&P + Nasdaq up +1.4% & 2.6% to 3380 & 11158.
- FX saw a reversal in USD strength & the EUR getting back over that 1.18 handle… yes 1.20 is a given in KVP’s book
- Those looking for more on Biden’s VP Harris, decent list as its not all roses & rainbows that for sure. We chatted about this on yest’s Dragon.
Anthems – make some time for these if you have missed them:
- Rising US yields rip through gold and silver in chaotic move feat Peter, Ole & Steen
- Presidential candidate Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris as his vice president – House View from Jakobsen
- Q2 earnings were worse than expected but investors are pricing a ‘new world’ – Garnry take
- Emerging Markets Brief : Pulling the trigger – Dembik checking in on EM including Turkey
- Crude oil still looking for a break – Hansen’s latest on the black gold
To Keep In Mind Today
- AU: Aussie jobs data beat massively on headline numbers & revisions, yet note they changed the format of how they measure things – so would take these with a grain of salt & dig deeper. Still Aussie up +14bp which is neither here nor there…
- Early doors tmr we have RBA’s Lowe speaking @ 07:30 SGT
- EZ: GER CPI
- US: Jobless Claims, Nat. Gas storage, 30yr bond auction
Start-to-End = Gratitude + Integrity + Vision + Tenacity. Process > Outcome. Sizing > Idea.
This is the way